Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Re: Last P-Day




On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Levi Harmon <levi.harmon@myldsmail.net> wrote:



On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Levi Harmon <levi.harmon@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Today is my last Preparation Day here at the CCM. It´s crazy how fast time flys. I will get a chance to email next monday though... I think. Anyways a run down of this last week.
Things here at the CCM basically are the same. I do a lot of studying, I´ve played more soccer here then I have the rest of my life combined, and I try to speak a different language. The biggest thing that happened this week was the departure of the Hispanic missionaries. Because they knew spanish already they were here for only two weeks and they left yesterday. It was actually really sad because I had grown really close to them. We talked every night, we sang together, they taught me some spanish, a little karate, and they danced for me. We were good friends. There was also another group of about 6-10 Hispanic Missionaries who would come to our apartment every once in a while to hear some rapping. Elder Jordan is really good at rapping, I would give him a beat, he would rap, and they would go crazy! it was a lot of fun :) Every time I would see one of them around campus they would start trying to beat-box and start laughing. It was great. The best part was none of them really spoke English, expect for Elder Sanchez, so we got a good taste of how it feels to listen to spanish at it´s actual speed, which feels like trying to understand the stuff at the end of a medicine commercial. My Spanish is getting better, but it will be getting better for a while before it is where it needs to be.

I love you all

Elder Harmon


No comments:

Post a Comment