Monday, April 13, 2015

Luz

I'm sorry but this weeks email is going to be a little shorter.
This week we focused a lot on Luz Pico. She is the women Elder Pace and I found at the feet of a statue of Christ. This past saturday was her baptism. It was so wonderful. She was very happy and she fits right in with all the sisters in the branch. Again, I wish I could send you all pictures... just know that when I go to a new area you will be flooded with pictures.
 
Elder Pace and I are doing well together. Since it has started warming up we have been going running. I've never had enough fat to be able to lose it before so this is a new experience.
 
The more I learn about the gospel the more important it becomes. Something said in conference was that guilt is to the spirit like pain is to the flesh. We all have spirits and when we do something wrong it inevitable hurts us. This was the situation Luz was in. She was burdened down by so much guilt and her spirit was aching. That is where the atonement comes in. Luz was able to be baptised and to have all of her guilt swept away. She doesn't have to feel the pain and depression that comes from making bad decisions in life because her Savior loves her and he already suffered for her. Isn't it so beautiful and wonderful! We can truely be happy, but only through Jesus Christ.
 
I love y'all.
Elder Harmon

--
Elder Harmon

714 Rocky Ridge Blvd.
Douglasville, GA  30134



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment