Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

Things back in Sweetwater have been good. We've had some success visiting people that I had been teaching before. Namely Celeste, Fausta, and Luz Pico.

Luz was baptized about a year or so ago. She was doing good in the church until she went to Peru. She's back again, but she still hasn't been coming to church. She was excited to see me and come to the Mothers Day activity. We haven't been able to see her because her daughter doesn't want us to come over, but at least we have contact now. 

Fausta's been investigating for about 3 years. I went to her wedding about a year ago. I thought she would get baptized earlier but it still has happened. We talked to her this last week. She told us that she knows that the church is true. She told us that she has seen a change in herself as she's been learning about it. She is going to be baptized in Septiembre with her daughter and her son.

Celeste wants to be baptized as well. When I got her teaching record had been given to the Sisters. Yeah we have Sisters her that speak Spanish. But they only had visited her once and weren't really helping her out. So one of the first things I did when I got back was make sure we got an appointment with Celeste. We got the teaching record back and she's coming to church again. She really really wants to be baptized and she wants her son to do it. He comes back from his mission in June so we are just working on  getting her married until then.

Anyways that's whats going on out here in the Sweetwater. I have a companion that has been out for a year and a half. He's a great missionary and a super hard worker. It's been a change for me because I'm use to "being in charge" you could say. I always knew exactly what was going on and I was always planning ahead and preparing everything that we would do. Now I seem to have all this extra time on my hands. Probably partially because I'm not District Leader any more as well. I feel like because of the sudden decrees in responsibility I've relaxed a little bit. It's that Natural Man in me. Thank goodness for Repentance. Life's always changing and putting me in different circumstances and I make so many mistakes. I'm so very very grateful that I can change and repent. And that is made possible through Jesus Christ.

Have a great week!

Elder Harmon

New Address:

412 Rocky Ridge Blvd.
Douglasville, Ga  30134


No comments:

Post a Comment