Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference

"Muy Buenos Dias" (D. Todd Christofferson)
 
Last Thursday we had New Missionary Training. It lasted for half the day and was great! On Friday we went to the Temple in the morning. After we went to the Temple we were allowed to watch "Meet the Mormons." Then we had General Conference. It has been quite the weekend and I almost don't know what to do with all that I have learned.
 
"Meet the Mormons" is really really good and you all should watch it. President Sullivan is a Bishop in the movie because it was filmed a couple years ago.
 
General Conference! This was the best General Conference I have ever witnessed. I guess as a missionary some of the things they say have more meaning. I don't have the time (slow typer) to tell you all the things I learned. But y'all can listen to them and receive your own revelation that will mean more to you anyway. I just wanted to talk about President Monson.
 
There was a lot said about following the Prophet. And what the Prophet told us to do was follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. President Monson just gave us the instructions of life. If you have questions, if things are going wrong, if things are going right, if your happy, if your sad, whatever is going on in your life what you need to do is look to Christ. He is the way.
 
My prayer is that we can all follow his example and find the peace and joy that comes as a result. I love you all and I pray for you.
 
Elder Harmon
 
 
Big Chicken
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment