Monday, March 2, 2015

Elder Pace!

Elder Pace is my companion, again! He was my companion in the MTC in Mexico. I didn't think we would ever serve together again, especially so soon, but a couple months later and were back together. He's a really good missionary and I've already learned a lot from him this week. I remember he had a really hard time speaking spanish in the MTC, and it's pretty cool to be able to talk to him in spanish now. All of the members were so sad to see Elder Taufa leave, but they are all going to love Elder Pace as well.
 
I know that the Lord qualifys us for the work. To keep his commandmants and do whats right isn't always easy. The first couple days after the transfer and with Elder Pace I was super stressed out. Elder Pace was doing things different then Elder Taufa and he didn't know anyone or what they needed. We didn't have very many miles left (we walked a lot this week) and I felt like I was failing this area and the people here. I think we all have moments like that where we just want to give up, punch something, or go for a long run by yourself. We'll what I did was I prayed. I prayed hard, and when I got up off my knees I didn't stop praying. I prayed that I would be able to love my companion, to love the people, to speak this langauge and do everything that I needed to do. And, the circumstances really didn't change. We still didn't have miles and Elder Pace is still the same :) but I changed. I stopped seeing all the negative things and I started to see all the positive. I stopped worrying about this or that, and I started to make the best out of my situation. Right now I'm happy. Probably the happiest I've been my whole mission. I know that God lives and that he answers prayers.
 
Elder Harmon

--
Elder Harmon

714 Rocky Ridge Blvd.
Douglasville, GA  30134



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment