Monday, March 23, 2015

Re:

whats up? 

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Levi Harmon <levi.harmon@myldsmail.net> wrote:
This sunday was our branch conference. The Stake Presidency came down and they talked a lot about Family History! It was really cool. It made me want to do my family history. Unfortunately as spanish missionaries we aren't given time to work on that. Something that really hit me is they talked about how when we learn more about our ancestors we are learning more about ourselves because we have parts of everyone of them inside of us. So, I've started the little book, "My Family." I'm sure most of y'all have heard of it. I hope to be able to do more with family history someday.
 
 A lot of times as a missionary I feel like I start to get caught up in everything. I think that happens to all of us. There is always something new to learn, people to call, appointments to set up, lessons to teach, ect. ect. ect. I just want to be able to do everything. But the other day I was talking to one of the young women. She has been trying to befriend another young women that hasn't been coming to church. As we talked she changed the subject and began to talk about different young women. She told me how she always posts and talks about how she doesn't want to live anymore and some other things like that. My heart felt heavy and I wanted to go and see her. I wanted to tell her how much God really loves her and let her know that she is a daughter of God! I thought of all the times I had taught there family and how oblivious I had been to how she really felt. Nobody should ever feel that way, and that is why it is so important to share the gospel. Not just because, but because we need to let others understand that God is really there! He really does love us! The only way to truely be happy is through living and obeying the commandments of God. I hope that we can all find joy in our lives and comfort in the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are feeling depressed, sad, or discouraged, don't turn away from God, but turn to him.
 
Gerenal Conference is coming up!! :)

Elder Harmon

714 Rocky Ridge Blvd.
Douglasville, GA  30134



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment