Monday, August 3, 2015

All you need is Love...

We FINALLY went to the Temple again. I could stay there all day. We also had a Conference with our new mission President. I love him and his wife so much!! They are so happy and full of faith. It is impossible to be around them and not smile, I love it. I've been striving and praying hard to have that kind of love for everyone. And I am really coming to love all the people here.

We're teaching an older gentleman Rafael. He live alone and is from Columbia. Which is where Luz is from, from my last area. I'm thinking about hooking them up, but I haven't devised the plan yet. But we had a lesson with him the other day and as we were leaving he gave us hugs and told us that he loves us. It wasn't weird at all.

Moroni 7:46-47
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
  47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endureth cforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

The gospel is built on the foundation of love. The very reason we are here right now is because we have a Father in Heaven who loves us. I want to serve my mission, live my life, and always be full of love for everyone. And I hope that as I love those around me that they will be able to catch a glimpse of our Saviors love for them.

We are working hard. Elder Graf is very creative and he thinks of all of these fun ways to teach and help our investigators. We gave the Alvarez family cups and seeds and told them to plant the seeds and to water them everyday that they read the scriptures. Our lesson with them last week went very well. I know that they are going to be baptized and I'm pretty sure they know it as well. Right now the biggest road block is her family. She doesn't want to disappoint her parents or family by changing religions. But she comes to church every week and is already basically a member. We are going to have a "Noche de Hogar" of "Family Night" tonight at there home and basically the whole branch is invited. So we are excited for that.

Have a great week everyone!!

Elder Harmon

1019 Marquis Way
Morrow, GA 30260

No comments:

Post a Comment