Monday, August 31, 2015

Follow the Spirit


This past week went well. We been working a lot to find new investigators and people to teach. Monday night we planned to go to a specific trailer park to find people. On Tuesday we finished up some appointments and the time came to go to and find. I put it in the gps and we started out. Then I thought, but that is at the top of our area and we have to go to the bottom afterwards and we only have this much time. I pulled the car over and asked Elder Graf where else he wanted to go. He was very firm and set that we were going to go where we had planned. I blundered out my excuses and he told me again that we had been inspired last night to go to that trailer park and so we should go to that trailer park. Grudgingly, but knowing he was right we went to the trailer park. We saw an older women leaning out her porch door in a chair and grilling some carne asada. I wish I would've gotten a picture of it. As we talked to her, her daughter, Guadelupe, pulled up. We expressed the desire to say a prayer with them and Guadelupe readily offered to let us in the house. We told her we couldn't unless there was a man. Surprisingly she told us to wait, walked past us, and went around the back of her home. We stood there for a couple minutes wondering if she was ever going to come back. To our surprise she came back with Ricardo, a recent convert who hadn't been to church in a month. We taught the family with Ricardo and both came to church yesterday.

I learned the importance of following the spirit and following through with impressions no matter what. Elder Graf had had an impression to go to that trailer park and I am very glad that he listened to it instead of me. This truly is the Lord's work and not our own.


Elder Harmon

1019 Marquis Way
Morrow, GA 30260

No comments:

Post a Comment