Monday, November 23, 2015

Baptism of Jasmine and Nadia

Saturday was the baptism of Jasmine and Nadia, Sunday they were confirmed members of the Church and they received the gift of the Holy Ghost. These are girls have been so fun to teach. It has been amazing to watch everyone accept this family into the branch and love them so much.

I've got a lot more to say, but I can't put it into words at the moment. I've felt God's love very strongly this past week. I have been strengthen by the scriptures and family and friends. What a blessing the Gospel is in our lives.

A lot of scriptures have been going through my head lately but one of them has stuck strong. It's one that I've used so much in my mission to strengthen others, and now it has strengthened me.

Heleman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo,because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

It is no mystery that 'hard times' come to all of us. We never know what tomorrow will bring. But an unchanging truth is that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. With Him as our foundation we will not fall even in the hard times. I'm grateful for my family. The foundation they have, and the foundation that my parents have helped me build.

I love you all!
 

Elder Harmon

450 S Peachtree Pkwy Apt R303
Peachtree City, Ga  30269

No comments:

Post a Comment