Monday, May 4, 2015

Work out your salvation

Elder Pace and I are getting along really well. He has a brilliant mind. He just sucks up knowledge like a sponge. It's incredible. I've been learning so much with him and asking him a lot of questions. It's fun. We found a text book in our appartment about Church History. So we've started reading it during our lunch time. I've never felt so hungry for knowledge! I just want to learn everything! The time we are given to study each morning is never enough. He also bought a ukulele this week and we've had a lot of fun singing together and we wrote a little cheesy song for all the sisters in the branch for mothers day. I really want to learn how to play a guitar as well. Piano too, but I will have to do that after my mission.
 
Update on Celeste, she is not married. So right now her and Jeobanni are praying and talking things through. Hopefully we will be planning a wedding soon! I'm super excited and Jeobanni actully seemed to be happy with the idea. So, we are praying hard for them.
 
I wish to share a scripture that has had a great impact on me. It is Mormon 9:27-28

 27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. aDoubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and bcome unto the Lord with all your cheart, and dwork out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.

 28 Be awise in the days of your bprobation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your clusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and dliving God.

I believe it was David A. Bednar that expalined the way in which we should Fear God this past General Conference. He told a story of how he had broken a window or something like that. When he was told that he had to go and saw sorry for what he had done he was filled with fear. I believe that we have all been in like situations and have felt that fear. And so now I ask, what will we feel when we stand before God? Alma asked us this question when he said in Alma 5:19:
 
19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the aimage of God engraven upon your countenances?
When I stand before God at the judgment day I want my hands to be clean and my heart to be pure. It isn't easy to do everything right and to be perfect, in fact it is imposible. But if we work out our salvation with fear and trembling before him we will always remember him. We will ask ourselves, what would he have me do? If I choose to do this, how will I feel when I stand before him?
 
Those are some things I've been thinking about lately, and I've never been so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. Becasue only through him are we able to clean our hands and purify our hearts.
 
I love you! Have a great week! Happy Mothers Day!!

 
Elder Harmon

714 Rocky Ridge Blvd.
Douglasville, GA  30134



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment